Dr. Kara Fitzgerald Functional Nutrition Residency: 2020
- Participation in an integrative clinical team focused on supporting complex patient cases.
- Training in Methylation Diet and Lifestyle program; support for methylation/MTHFR and epigenetic health.
- Training in Functional Memory Rx program; preventing and reversing cognitive decline.
- Experience working with autoimmune diseases, gastrointestinal disorders, allergies, chronic fatigue, insulin resistance and blood sugar imbalance, migraines, traumatic brain injury, mold toxicity, Lyme disease, cardiovascular diseases, hormone imbalances, and the ketogenic diet for cancer.
University of Western States: Masters of Science in Functional Medicine & Nutrition: 2019
Certified Nutrition Specialist: 2020
- A clinically-oriented nutrition program delivered within a context of the functional medicine model of disease causation, assessments, and treatments.
- An integrative emphasis on nutritional biochemistry, gastrointestinal imbalances, detoxification, hormone imbalances, immune imbalances and inflammation, mind-body medicine and psychology, and clinical research.
- Certified Nutrition Specialists (CNSs) are advanced nutrition professionals. CNSs engage in science-based advanced medical nutrition therapy, research, education, and more, in settings such as clinics, private practice, hospitals and other institutions, industry, academia, and the community.
- CNSs have fulfilled the most rigorous advanced-degree, education, 1000 hours of clinical experience, examination, and continuing education requirements.
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach / Certified Functional Medicine Health Coach: 2018
- Integrative training in Functional Medicine with positive psychology coaching, functional nutrition and mind-body medicine.
- Trained in: Motivational interviewing, which helps clients discover their own motivation and strategies for change; Positive psychology, which helps clients thrive through embracing their strengths; Accountability and goal setting, which assists clients with staying on track and achieving their goals.
- “Health and Wellness Coaches partner with clients seeking self-directed, lasting changes, aligned with their values, which promote health and wellness and, thereby, enhance well-being. In the course of their work health and wellness coaches display unconditional positive regard for their clients and a belief in their capacity for change, and honoring that each client is an expert on his or her life, while ensuring that all interactions are respectful and non-judgmental.” Excerpt from ICHWC.
- Co-Founder & Executive Director of The Herdell Migraine Institute: 2016
- Founder of GoodBye Migraine: 2015
- Founder of The Women’s Migraine Support Group: 2012
- Journalist, radio producer, television producer for KBPS & NPR: 2006 – 2010
- Chronic migraine-sufferer for over 15 years – Now Healed & Migraine-Free!
- Institute of Functional Medicine
- National Association of Holistic Nutrition Professionals
- American College of Nutrition
- American Nutrition Association
- Center for Science in the Public Interest