University of Western States: Masters of Science in Functional Medicine & Nutrition Candidate: Completion in March 2019
- Certified Nutrition Specialist Candidate: May 2020
- A clinically-oriented nutrition program delivered within a context of the functional medicine model of disease causation, assessments, and treatments.
- An integrative emphasis on nutritional biochemistry, gastrointestinal imbalances, detoxification, hormone imbalances, immune imbalances and inflammation, mind-body medicine and psychology, and clinical research.
- Certified Nutrition Specialists (CNSs) are advanced nutrition professionals. CNSs engage in science-based advanced medical nutrition therapy, research, education, and more, in settings such as clinics, private practice, hospitals and other institutions, industry, academia, and the community.
- CNSs have fulfilled the most rigorous advanced-degree, education, experience, examination, and continuing education requirements.
Certified Functional Medicine Health Coach: February 2018
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach Candidate: July 2018
- Integrative training in Functional Medicine with positive psychology coaching, functional nutrition and mind-body medicine.
- Using a science-based, systems-oriented approach, Functional Medicine addresses the underlying causes of disease and engages both patient and practitioner in a therapeutic partnership. It represents an evolution in the practice of medicine and effectively addresses the healthcare needs of the 21st century. By shifting the traditional disease-centered focus of medical practice to a more patient-centered approach, Functional Medicine considers the whole person, not just an isolated set of symptoms. Functional medicine practitioners pay attention to their patients’ unique stories and consider the interactions amongst the genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors that influence long-term health and complex, chronic disease.
- Co-Founder of The Herdell Migraine Institute: 2016
- Founder of GoodBye Migraine: 2015
- Founder of The Women’s Migraine Support Group: April 2012
- Journalist, radio producer, television producer for KBPS & NPR:2006-2010
- Chronic migraine-sufferer for over 15 years – Now Healed & Migraine-Free!
- National Association of Holistic Nutrition Professionals
- American College of Nutrition
- American Nutrition Association
- Center for Science in the Public Interest