Dr. Kara Fitzgerald Functional Nutrition Residency Program: Completion in March 2020
- Participating in a competitive, online nutrition residency, which provides supervised practice hours for those working towards CNS certification.
- Working alongside the clinical team for 12 months on patient cases.
- Methylation Diet and Lifestyle program, support for methylation/MTHFR and epigenetic health.
- Dietary training for Celiac and gluten sensitivity, autoimmunity, ketogenic diet for cancer, gastrointestinal disorders, SIBO and IBS.
University of Western States: Masters of Science in Functional Medicine & Nutrition Candidate: Completion in March 2019
- Certified Nutrition Specialist Candidate: Completion in November 2019
- A clinically-oriented nutrition program delivered within a context of the functional medicine model of disease causation, assessments, and treatments.
- An integrative emphasis on nutritional biochemistry, gastrointestinal imbalances, detoxification, hormone imbalances, immune imbalances and inflammation, mind-body medicine and psychology, and clinical research.
- Certified Nutrition Specialists (CNSs) are advanced nutrition professionals. CNSs engage in science-based advanced medical nutrition therapy, research, education, and more, in settings such as clinics, private practice, hospitals and other institutions, industry, academia, and the community.
- CNSs have fulfilled the most rigorous advanced-degree, education, experience, examination, and continuing education requirements.
Certified Functional Medicine Health Coach: February 2018
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach: July 2018
- Integrative training in Functional Medicine with positive psychology coaching, functional nutrition and mind-body medicine.
- Trained in: Motivational interviewing, which helps clients discover their own motivation and strategies for change; Positive psychology, which helps clients thrive through embracing their strengths; Accountability and goal setting, which assists clients with staying on track and achieving their goals.
- “Health and Wellness Coaches partner with clients seeking self-directed, lasting changes, aligned with their values, which promote health and wellness and, thereby, enhance well-being. In the course of their work health and wellness coaches display unconditional positive regard for their clients and a belief in their capacity for change, and honoring that each client is an expert on his or her life, while ensuring that all interactions are respectful and non-judgmental.” Excerpt from ICHWC.
- Co-Founder & Executive Director of The Herdell Migraine Institute: 2016
- Founder of GoodBye Migraine: 2015
- Founder of The Women’s Migraine Support Group: April 2012
- Journalist, radio producer, television producer for KBPS & NPR: 2006-2010
- Chronic migraine-sufferer for over 15 years – Now Healed & Migraine-Free!
- National Association of Holistic Nutrition Professionals
- American College of Nutrition
- American Nutrition Association
- Center for Science in the Public Interest